Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What Am I??

Area & Measurement Scavenger Hunt
Today in math class, the students reviewed finding area of a rectangular object as well as learning how to user measuring tools. The students were given clues about rectangular objects (see below). The students had to determine what the object was, find its location, measure the object, and determine the area comparable to the area given.


Scavenger Hunt Clues
1. We go up and down these each and every day. My area is 660 inches².
2. I bear everyone’s weight. My area is 144 inches².
3. It opens and closes. Many teachers use me. My area is 3,024 inches². 
4. We hold up the building. My area is 128 inches². 
5. Students sit at me during parts of the day. Many conversations and food are shared on me. My area is 2,160 inches².
6. In a large common area, you can see natures beauty. My area is 2,394 inches². 
7. I am the popular sitting area; where the “cool” kids meet. My area is 1,428 inches². 
8. A small child can easily stand in me or above. My life can be very lonely unless you've chosen to use me. My area is 340 inches². 
9. I’m tall and skinny. I open and close. I usually house books or smelly items. My area is 700 inches². 
10. I’m cold. I hold bottles or cans. I’m every teacher’s best friend. My area is 1,848 inches².
























No comments:

Post a Comment